Friday, September 12, 2014

Add a Unique touch to your Bathroom with Decorative Bathroom Sinks and Toilets

Are you tired of looking at your boring old bathroom set up day in and day out? I know I am! Which is why, I decided to shake things up a bit and spruce my bathroom up. At first I was completely clueless about what I wanted. All I knew was that I wanted it to look different and better. After doing some research I came up with a few ideas. Not all of them worked, but I gave the all a shot.

My bathroom sink designs were this boring old white ceramic sink that matched the bath tub and the toilet. Unfortunately it has been stained over time with tooth paste and what not and I had finally decided that it was time for that sink to retire. Of course I wouldn’t make the same mistake by choosing a similar looking sink. I came across this website that made decorative bathroom sinks. You could even have them customized to your liking if you so chose. I decided to go with a lavender theme and so I chose a white sink (it was the cheapest) with pink and lavender flowers. It looked just lovely.

Now obviously I had to replace my toilet with something to match. Unfortunately since I was on a budget I decided to let the toilet be and only replace the flush tank. The same website offered Contemporary Bathroom Designs that you could match with the overall theme of your bathroom. So guess what I got? A white tank with pink and lavender flowers! And just to set it off a bit, I decided to add one or two bluebells.  It was all coming together nicely and I still had a little space in my budget.

I was awfully tempted to try everything they had on the website. There were so many more interesting things like Hand Painted Bathroom Sinks and Pedestal sinks for bathrooms but since I am a student living alone I could not afford them at this juncture. For those of you who have families, and are planning to redo your bathrooms, you could consider these accessories and perhaps and I can live vicariously through you!
 
For those of you who are students like me, and always have to live on a tight budget I have some affordable powder room decorating ideas to share with you. You don’t have to completely renovate your bathroom just to make it look good. Most of the time you can work with what you already have and make it look quite attractive in the end. Here are a few ideas that always work for me.

No matter how small (or big) your bathroom window is, throw on a cute little curtain to match with the colour of your bathroom tiles. If your tiles are mostly white you can go with any colour or print on your curtains.

Another great accessory that will hardly cost you any money (if you know where to go) is a rug or a mat. Not a rubber or plastic one that you would typically find in a bathroom. A mat made of any type of fabric really has the ability to change the feel of the bathroom. So, if you have an area in your bathroom that mostly stays dry, go on and put at mat there. Be sure to match it with your curtains!

Besides curtains and rugs, you can add little tit bits and accessories like attractive toiletry holders, fluffy toilet seat covers, an unusual soap dish and if you have the space for it, a plant always cheers up a room up even if it is the bathroom! Colour coding these accessories always helps. No one wants their bathroom to look like a giant clown!

If you have it in your budget to replace one thing in your bathroom that needs to be replaced, Flora Bathroom sinks have become the “in” thing. More and more people are going for this type of sink as it allows for less spillage of water onto the floor of the bathroom tile samples.

So there you have it. No matter what your budget, you can always do a little something to make your bathroom pretty and attractive. And besides making you feel good about your bathroom, impressing the guests will just be an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment